Sunday, December 14, 2008
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I like to wrap and add ribbons with bows.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Love real especially the smell but artificial is more practical.
3. When do you put up the tree? Usually the day after Thanksgiving.
4. When do you take the tree down? Around New Years.
5. Do you like eggnog? I like it. I prefer to add gingerale.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? My cricket doll.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Levi.
8. Easiest person to buy for? My mom and dad.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Yes, but I would like a nice one.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, it's more personal to me, but I haven't had time this year.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? I have to be honest, an airfreshener.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? The day after Christmas. I love Christmas and cannot wait for the next year.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Yes, we play a white elephant game every year and some of the funnest gifts are the rewraps.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Homemade Christmas candies.
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, love my prelite tree.
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Travel ever other year to Lewiston, Idaho.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? You know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixon, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blixon but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all. Rudolf the Rednose Reindeer. Sorry, it's the only way I know.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Santa in his sleigh being pulled by his reindeer. It circles the top of the tree.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? It depends. If we are in Utah, we open one present Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning. If we are in Idaho, we open all the presents Christmas Eve and open presents from Santa Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? Commericalism.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I love snowmen with colored lights and rustic looking decorations.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Seriously, it all comes down to the candy.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? I can't really think of anything. Maybe sweaters and a sweater dress.
26. What is your New Years resolution? Organize my craft room and keep it that way.
Monday, December 8, 2008
I think this one will hang on the wall in my office at work.
This one will be a throw to use whenever I am cold or it will go in the nursery.
2. Last year Levi and I started a new tradition of hanging Christmas lights on our house together. This year we decided to add more lights. I am very afraid of heights, but I made myself climb the ladder and put lights on our roof. The scariest part is climbing down off the roof back onto the ladder. It's that first step that gets me every time.
Levi thought is was pretty funny that I was so scared. To make matters worse, he kept asking me to pose and smile for the camera. I just wanted to get down.
3. This one I owe to my Father in Heaven. It is amazing how the weather changes often and quickly. This was what my 20 minute drive home looked like. It was all white. The only thing you could see was a few feet of road and the car lights in front of you. I know you can't see much, but it was awesome. By the time I got home, ice had formed on my windshield wiper, lights and doors.
Sunday, November 23, 2008
She is into everything. She take stuffed animals I have in my literacy kits and carries them around the house. She carries them upstairs and pushes them through the kitty doors. It is so hilarious to watch. She is very entertaining.
At times she can be very frustrating, but all you can do is laugh and admire her work. The other day I came home from work and was planning on wrapping our Sub for Santa gifts that I had left on the kitchen table only to discover that she had shredded 3 bags of socks and opened a bag of underwear and dragged two pairs of underwear around the house all day. Luckily everything was not harmed minus the bags that they came in. Got to love her!
Sunday, November 2, 2008
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Nanette (our family friend), Amy (another family friend) and Cindy (my sister)
While at Witchapalooza Cindy and I discovered that Merilee Webb played the character Esmeralda and the keyboard. Last December, Cindy and I recorded a CD for our dad in Merilee's recording studio. We have also been in her choir "We Also Sing. It was so fun to see her on stage and her personality is hilarious on and off stage.
Here are some pictures of the other witches who were in the musical.
I loved the show so much. I did not want to leave. I am so hyped up for halloween now. Jane and I have decided to dress up as witches. We are still working on our new witch names. Don't worry, we will take pictures.
Monday, October 6, 2008
Sunday, September 28, 2008
It is that time of year when the warm sunny days leave and the cool colorful days arrive. I really enjoy summer and can be very sad to see it leave. Each year I convince myself that it is okay for fall and winter to arrive by saying the following things over and over.
1. I can decorate my house for my favorite holidays, Halloween and Christmas.
2. My birthday is coming soon. I am so excited to turn 28 and I cannot wait to be 30. I know that sounds weird, but seriously I cannot wait for that magical day. Oops, I forgot to mention that Levi’s birthday is in October too, but he just does not get the same thrill about his birthday as I do.
3. Now that the weather is getting cooler I look forward to pulling out my collection of long sleeve shirts and sweaters that I have missed wearing. If I am not totally satisfied with my options, it gives me a reason to go shopping.
4. Last, but not least. I love fall colors. I enjoy going up to the mountains to take pictures and collect leaves and other intriguing items. Be careful collecting pinecones. I have put pinecones in my car to later find them completely full of earwigs. It was a mess trying to get them all out of my car.
Now that I have told myself these things for over 2 weeks, I believe I am ready to face the cold.
Sunday, September 21, 2008
I got up early to practice the musical number with the sisters in my ward. Levi and I taught nursery and a little boy reminded us what raisins are for again (they help him poop). I had to skip out of nursery to sing in Relief Society and then quickly return for snack (my favorite part of nursery). I stayed after church for the Visiting teaching meet and greet somehow never meeting any of the ladies I visit teach and my partner. To end the day I ate dinner, posted this blog entry and enjoyed a couple of TV shows.
Sunday, September 14, 2008
My favorites of the fair were the animals, caramel apples, corn on the cob and the High Jump. I was even brave enough to do 3 back flips.
I was daring enough to taste the Deep Fried Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich. It was actually pretty good, but very sweet. Definitely not worth the 5 bucks.
Levi's favorites of the fair were the spaceship made with legos and. . .
All in all, it was AWESOME!
Later that night Levi and I had a "How I Met Your Mother" season 1 marathon. While we were waiting for the shows to download we jammed out to music. Here is an awesome music video starring me.
I know, I rock and I have some serously rad moves.
Saturday, September 6, 2008
Jane and I met on Saturday for a girls day out. We went to Protea Cottage at Gardner Village to have a Tea Party. When we first got there we picked out our tea. I had Cranberry Apple and Jane had Orange Grove Vanilla. Then they took us to our table.
Before we sat down to tea, we needed to pick out a hat, boa and other accessories. And of course, take pictures.
Our tea was delightful. In fact, it tasted a lot like warm Kool-Aid. They later brought out our lunch. We had scones with cream and jam, grapes, small sandwiches with the crust cut off, chocolate covered strawberries, tarts and other desserts.
Jane was very proper and only managed to spill six times. Way to go Jane. Don't worry Jane, we will keep working on it.
Whenever we are at Gardner Village, we always take the time for a fun and fabulous photo shoot. What do ya think?