True Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I'm growing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 8, 2008

Creations

We always have projects and creations to work on. I love creating new things. I enjoy seeing what my time and effects create. Here are a few of my most recent creations.
1. I have finished 3 more quilt tops. I still need to get them quilted. I usually have my friend from my old ward quilt them with her long arm quilter, but Levi's grandma is going to teach me how to hand quilt this Spring. I am so excited to learn.
This quilt will hang on the wall in Levi's office.


I think this one will hang on the wall in my office at work.

This one will be a throw to use whenever I am cold or it will go in the nursery.

2. Last year Levi and I started a new tradition of hanging Christmas lights on our house together. This year we decided to add more lights. I am very afraid of heights, but I made myself climb the ladder and put lights on our roof. The scariest part is climbing down off the roof back onto the ladder. It's that first step that gets me every time.

Levi thought is was pretty funny that I was so scared. To make matters worse, he kept asking me to pose and smile for the camera. I just wanted to get down.

3. This one I owe to my Father in Heaven. It is amazing how the weather changes often and quickly. This was what my 20 minute drive home looked like. It was all white. The only thing you could see was a few feet of road and the car lights in front of you. I know you can't see much, but it was awesome. By the time I got home, ice had formed on my windshield wiper, lights and doors.

6 comments:

Cheri C. said...

Love the quilts!! And, your house looks great!!!

Brian and Kim said...

Have you ever considered how talented you are at taking pics. You should seriously consider looking to it. You have a natural talent. Just a thought and love the quilts. I like the colors you are putting in your nursery.

Tiffany said...

Why don't you have BOTH hands on the wheel while you are driving in that kind of weather? You crazy lady! You are more brave than me to get up on that roof. I'm sure it looks fabulous all lit up though. Way to go!! :)

Jaci said...

Wow! I love your quilts. I am still working on Tatum's quilt (sad, I know). You really have a knack for it.

Michelle Stott said...

I am so impressed. I love quilting too! I have like 4 I am in the middle of. We will have to get together one of these days and share ideas. I absolutely love them. You are so creative. Did you follow any patterns or just create your own think.

Wendy said...

Your house looks really cute!