True Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I'm growing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Fall

It is that time of year when the warm sunny days leave and the cool colorful days arrive. I really enjoy summer and can be very sad to see it leave. Each year I convince myself that it is okay for fall and winter to arrive by saying the following things over and over.

1. I can decorate my house for my favorite holidays, Halloween and Christmas.

2. My birthday is coming soon. I am so excited to turn 28 and I cannot wait to be 30. I know that sounds weird, but seriously I cannot wait for that magical day. Oops, I forgot to mention that Levi’s birthday is in October too, but he just does not get the same thrill about his birthday as I do.

3. Now that the weather is getting cooler I look forward to pulling out my collection of long sleeve shirts and sweaters that I have missed wearing. If I am not totally satisfied with my options, it gives me a reason to go shopping.

4. Last, but not least. I love fall colors. I enjoy going up to the mountains to take pictures and collect leaves and other intriguing items. Be careful collecting pinecones. I have put pinecones in my car to later find them completely full of earwigs. It was a mess trying to get them all out of my car.

Now that I have told myself these things for over 2 weeks, I believe I am ready to face the cold.

I love picking pumpkins. So, last year I started the tradition of going to a pumpkin patch and picking pumpkins for my front porch. Levi is such a great sport. He goes with me even though he would rather be doing anything else, but picking pumpkins. He still puts a smile on his face while he pushes the wagon and helps me pick out the pumpkins. I just love everything he does for me. I am the luckiest girl around.

1 comment:

kjtroxel said...

You are so cute! I love fall too! My birthday os in fall too. Funny that you're my neighbor but I had to look at your blog to find out how much we have in common. We're busy girls. I posted pics from our fun foto shoot with the boys! Hope you visit!