True Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I'm growing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Friday, April 2, 2010

Welcoming Zoe to the World

We arrived at the hospital at 10:45 am pacific time. We waited for her birthmother to arrive so we could meet her for the first time. Zoe's birthmom is the sweetest lady I will ever meet. We got along very well from the beginning and I am excited to share the details with Zoe as she grows. We all visited with each other until it was 1:45 pm when we ventured to the delivery room. We heard her first cry and it was so small and cute.

Getting ready to see Zoe's birth.



First time mommy gets to hold Zoe.



First time daddy gets to hold Zoe.


Zoe was born on Friday, April 2nd 2010 at 2:22 pm Pacific Time. She was 6lbs. 5oz. and 19 in. long.

Zoe's first bath. She was not a happy camper. However, she did calm herself quickly and apparently enjoys running her fingers through her hair. She also likes to suck her fingers, which according to her birthmom she did that in the womb as well.
Zoe getting fed and burped by daddy. Look at all her hair. It is thick black hair with a sight wave. She loved getting it washed and brushed.

Our family photo

3 comments:

kjtroxel said...

She is gorgeous!!! Congrats!
You guys look so happy.
We can't wait to meet her!
(cats are great! bread is safe!)

Cheri C. said...

Okay... I'm in tears... I'm so happy and she is so beautiful. I'm so grateful for that birthmom and that she was so willing to let you participate in the life of that child - your child... What a miracle. I think that is almost a bigger miracle that normal birth because you have to make that decision. What a great day!!! I am so happy for you guys. I can't wait until you get back and are able to show her off. I also can't believe that she eats and burps and everything so quickly after being born... I bet you are having a fun time. Thanks for posting the pictures!!! Be safe and travel back soon!!! Oh, yeah... did you get someone to take care of your cats?? I'm sure you did but if I need to do something to help out, let me know...

Jessica said...

Hooray! Congratulations! I'm so very excited for you guys and can't believe she's finally here and your LONG adoption journey is complete!