True Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I'm growing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 16, 2011

My Currant Projects

This is sort of a follow up from my New Year's Resolution post. You know the post titled "A Little Bit about Me." Anyway, here we go.
1. I have read one book so far called "The Body Finder" It was pretty good. 1 down 1 more to go.
2 .Complete 3 quilts - I have finished 1 quilt top and tied another quilt. I am only counting the following quilt for now. This is my "Duck, Duck, Goose" quilt.
On a side note, Levi said we have too many quilts. So, I have decided to make other crafts as well. Don't worry, I am still keeping the 3 quilt goal, but just adding more crafts such dresses for Zoe. Like the one below. I just finished it. I think it turned out pretty cute.


The following picture is of materials I am using to make Zoe another dress. I am almost finished with a dress for me that is made from the same fabric line. Zoe and I will have coordinating (not matching) dress. I bought the super cute lace at Aunt Elsie's Consignment store at Gardner Village. It adds the perfect touch the dress. Check out her bloghttp://auntelsiesconsignment.blogspot.com/
at



This is the fabric line "Max and Whiskers." I am using it to make my second quilt for the year. This quilt is for Jason and Molly's baby due in April. We are so excited to meet the little man.

3. Learn 50 Spanish words or phrases - not much progress. I have the rest of the year. Hahaha
4. Attend the temple - Sadly I am 0 for 2. I need to work on this one.
5. Plan meals and cook them - I have made progress. I am cooking more often at home.
6. Use coupons and sells for grocery shopping - I met with my neighbor (a couponing pro) and I have come up with a plan. Now I just need to put it in place.
7. Complete monthly paperwork - So far I have turned my paperwork in early every month. I have been extremely organized and productive with my time. Yay me.
Here is a picture of a quilt I made last year for Zoe's bed when she gets older. Zoe already loves it. I had a hard time getting her off it.

Grandma Goose's sisters hand quilted it for me. Look at their beautiful work. I just love it.

They also personalized it with a note. So perfect.

Well, that is all for now. I get to work and post more completed projects soon.

3 comments:

Emma said...

love, love, love your quilts. i'm just getting into sewing and have a long way to go. way to go on your goals. have you heard about the food nanny? she has a cookbook that help with meal planning as well

kjtroxel said...

you are so talented! Love the quilts and the dress (adorable!)
:)kj

Tiffany said...

You go Girl! I got me a sewing machine for Christmas, and I am starting to sew... It's "SEW" much fun! Just finished an Easter Dress for Lilly, and now I'm attempting my first quilt - just bought the fabric and now I get to piece it together. Hopefully I'm not too over my head on this one. I'm making a twin quilt so she can use it as she gets older. Wish me luck!