True Love

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

I'm growing!

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 9, 2009

Learning New Talents....Maybe?

Garden plot rent: $26.00
Plants and gardening supplies: $54.00
Growing a garden: Priceless
Maybe?
This my first attempt at planting a garden. I am renting a small garden plot in one of our community gardens. If it is successful I just might upgrade to a medium garden plot next year. For now, this will be my test run.
I have always wanted to grow a garden, but I do not know much about gardening. Growing up, my parents had a big garden. I loved picking cherries, apricots, strawberries, rhubarb, peas, etc. I love freshly picked food from the garden.
Before

Step one: put on glove to avoid getting dirt on my hands.
Levi told me I was not dressed appropriately to plant my garden. I guess I will need to purchase gardening clothes. Now I see why gardening can be expensive.

Step two: read planting instructions carefully.
When planting my crookneck squash, I read plant 5-8 inches apart and not 5-8 feet apart. Note to self for next year.




Step three: carefully remove plants from containers and place in the ground.
I may have done this step correctly. I also planted some seeds.


Step four: water garden and then pose for a picture with a big smile to show how proud I am.



After
I planted some seeds in smaller containers in my house. I will hopefully be adding them to the garden, if they grow that is.
Wish me luck. I am going to need it. If you have any gardening tips you would like to share, I would love to hear them.

1 comment:

Cheri C. said...

Okay... I have to chuckle and say I have "NEVER" seen anyone gardening with such a fashionable purse!! You are the best!! Good luck with the green stuff